Friday, April 4, 2014

Un Viaje de República Dominicana

I'm back :) We, our group of 17, returned on Monday evening safe, sound, and changed forever. I'm going to be posting my musings and photos on tumblr, but I'll try to post some of my absolute favorite pictures here in my spare time. Being back is weird. Like, let me emphasize this weird. I've had moments where I've cried unexpectedly coming home from class because the wrong type of song was on. I've had moments of determination to learn Spanish (so much determination that I think I downloaded some weird thing on my computer instead of what I was wanting to do. Advice: don't do torrents if you don't know how to do torrents).

It's almost like I know I'm not mentally prepared to ever go back to the normal ways of doing things. I carry keychains that were gifted to me on my work keys to remind me to always keep working hard and stay focused on what's really important. It's really, really hard sometimes when everyone else around you didn't experience the same things as you. They ask how your trip was - some care and some don't, and you just have to deal with that.

Anyway, below are some pictures. I'm hoping to get to DC this upcoming week for the Cherry Blossom Festival, so hopefully you'll start to see me more regularly. If you want to read more about the trip, my link to tumblr is here.





I laid this row of block by myself :)








No comments:

Post a Comment