Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Jeffersonian State of Mind

This past weekend, I travelled to Jefferson, TX where I was a history teacher for a couple of years. It was one of the coolest life-changing experiences ever, and the students there are so incredibly talented. They're stunning. So, I felt honored when the Class of 2014 asked me to teach Sabbath School and do special music on Sunday. I flew into Houston to see a friend and travel up to Jefferson with him. The road trip was fantastic, and the weekend overall couldn't have been better.

Jefferson itself is a small town with a population of less than 3,000. It's known for its Bed & Breakfasts, historic houses and its General Store. If you're ever traveling up or down 59 in Texas, you should take an hour or so to adventure through downtown. It's lovely and quaint. But, as I was discussing with my friend, it's not the buildings or sites that always make a place memorable. Most of the time, it's the people and the connection you make with them. That was definitely the case for me.

If you're interested in listening to the song we (my friend, Gabriel, from Houston and myself) did, the link to our practice session is here. The actual song is here.











No comments:

Post a Comment