Saturday, May 16, 2015

Tiny Adventures, Pt. 1 - A Walk in the Woods

Since the Outer Banks, I haven't had the opportunity to really get out and go anywhere (tomorrow, Sunday, May 17, I'll be headed down to Tampa, FL with the senior class though!). However, I think I've said this before, adventure can be had anywhere. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to follow Robby down to the pond where he normally fishes so I could use my other lens and see what sorts of things I could come up with. This included enjoying nature a little more and photographing some of my favorite wildflowers along the way. I also experimented with being his "fish photographer." He doesn't keep the fish . . . he just likes to make them late for something. Mitch Hedberg, anyone?

Anyway, did you know there's an app that's similar to Instagram, except for fishermen?? It's a free app called FishBrain. You post the fish that you catch on it, where you caught it, etc. and you create a network of anglers. It's kind of neat, but of course, I call him a nerd for having it. Check it out, though, if it's something you think you'll like!

The following pictures are from our tiny adventure a couple of weeks ago in the rain. Tadpoles and Osprey also made an appearance. Unfortunately, my skills still aren't stealth enough to catch an Osprey. One day, though!







No comments:

Post a Comment