Sunday, February 23, 2014

International Food Festival

Every year, the high school that I graduated from and now work at does an International Food Festival. Our school has always been diverse, having international students coming from South Korea, China, Vietnam, and various countries in Africa. We've had students whose parents were missionaries in countries like Ghana or Kenya, or who grew up in Mexico or Puerto Rico. It's so cool to be part of a global community like that.

So, for a "school" day one Sunday out of the school year, students pick a country to represent and make booths with information and, of course, great food. I racked up quite a tab snacking on delicious cuisine.

Italian Soda. They also had delish Chocolate Hazelnut Gelato made from scratch!

South Korea's table.

SA did México . . . I feel like a joke could be made here.

Mexican cuisine

Brayan and Judy, photobombed by Hunter, for Brazil
Brendon and Ray for Brazil

I told Hayden to be Canadian - this was the look I got.


Congrats on Canada winning the Gold in both Women's and Men's Hockey in Sochi.


Drew and Derrick "selling" the shirts from the Vietnam table.
 I learned a lot about my camera actually using it in live action situations. I should probably keep it in auto focus until I get better. A lot of my pictures came out blurry, which was slightly disappointing, but just means I have to keep practicing. Yay for learning new things and eating great food!

Until next time :)



No comments:

Post a Comment